Updated January 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at WeCovr (“WeCovr”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit our website, mobile application, Facebook application, and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If you do not agree with the contents of this privacy notice, please discontinue use of our Sites or Apps and our services.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our website, mobile application, Facebook application, (“Apps”), and/or any related services, sales, marketing or events (we refer to them collectively in this privacy notice as the “Sites”).
By proceeding with access to the website and our app you are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, then please refrain from accessing or using our Sites or Apps.
Any personal information you supply to WeCovr via the Sites or Apps (and by other means) will be treated in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint or believe we are processing your personal information incorrectly you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113.
What information do we collect and how?
The categories of personal information WeCovr collects directly from you through its Sites and Apps include:
- personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- contact details (e.g., e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number)
- any other relevant categories of information
We also collect information about you from the following other sources, e.g. insurance intermediaries, client companies and social media sites. The categories of information that we collect about you from other sources are the same as listed above.
Some of the categories of information that we may collect where relevant are special categories of personal data (also known as sensitive personal information). In particular, we may process personal information that relates to your health, such as your reports on medical diagnoses, injuries and treatment if relevant to the type of services we provide to you.
What will the information we collect be used for and what legal basis do we rely on to do so?
We use your personal information:
- to provide our services
- to handle your enquiries
- to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies. For example, we use information collected to safeguard against fraud and money laundering. We are required to report details of some suspicious activities to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (“SOCA”)
- to contact you with marketing and offers relating to products and services offered by us (unless you have opted out of marketing, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so)
- for analytical purposes for Sites or Apps design, content, and user experience development.
- any other relevant purposes for processing personal information
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the services
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of your identity to enable us to meet our anti-money laundering obligations
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that enable us to develop new services. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you provide personal information via the Sites and Apps, you will be told what the information you provided will be used for before the information is submitted to us and you will have the chance to withhold or withdraw your consent for a use .
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Approved Providers - We work with a carefully selected panel of insurance and other finance product providers and, once you have qualified and accepted our terms, we may introduce you to them to look after the management and administration of your recommended solution. Our service is 100% free to use and you are under no obligation to accept any of the quotes or product offers that you receive.
- You may be referred to our approved providers if we feel that this is appropriate in your situation. We may be paid a referral fee or a commission for introducing you to one of our approved providers.
- Service providers and business partners - We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party - We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers - We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
Security of personal information
WeCovr will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that you provide via the Sites and Apps is kept secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal information, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites and Apps.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
International data transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law or United Kingdom laws.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We do not intentionally collect any information via the Sites or Apps from children under 16 years of age, and shall delete the details of such users when a parent or guardian notifies us that any details have been obtained from their child.
Your rights over personal information
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
Do we make updates to this policy?
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws. We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
How can you contact us about this policy?
Political And Credit Risks trading as WeCovr is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process.
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at email@example.com.